Happy New Year! I (Jennie) am relocating to Findlay, Ohio for a brand new job with the Natural Resources Conservation Service as a Cartographer. Findlay is in the northwest part of the state, 44 miles south of Toledo.
This is a scary yet exciting time for both my son, Dakota and I; we are eager to see Lake Erie and find the many places to go birding. Since my brother (Eddie) will be in Rockford, Illinois, our hope is that this will be an interesting new year of blogging from duel locations!
What we are most looking forward to:
- !!Dakota joining the Ohio Young Birders Club!!
- !Birding and connecting with other Ohio birders such as Kenn and Kim Kaufman!
- Living near and visiting the Black Swamp Bird Observatory and Magee Marsh
- Starting a brand new state bird list
- Learning all about Ohio’s flora and fauna
Dakota and Jennie 2010 FIRSTS:
- First heard and seen bird of the year: Canada Goose from the hotel doorway
- First Ohio bird: Red-tailed Hawk from the highway