Here is the Birdfreak Team rendition of the Eight Random Things meme – we were tagged by Larry at The Brownstone Birding Blog.
- Only Birdfreak has been to Arizona but after reading Aimophila Adventures, the whole Birdfreak Team wishes to head there soon
- Veery can play nearly any musical instrument, but can’t compete with the musical sounds of the Veery that Naturalist J caught over at Mon@rch’s Nature Blog
- SnowyOwl (who usually reviews books and movies for us) has an English degree and is an amazing writer, just like Trevor, who has a birding and writing blog
- No one from the Birdfreak Team has birded outside the U.S – well technically, we’ve seen a couple birds in Canada. There are plans to visit Honduras, thanks to Daniel’s Hondubirding which makes birding in Honduras sound like a blast!
- We have always believed that the Ivory-billed Woodpecker is not extinct, as does Ivory-bills LIVE!!
- We have rescued two Dobermans and it is a long-term goal to donate millions of dollars to Special Needs Dobermans
- Our favorite “famous” birder is Kenn Kaufman, who we will be birding with in September
- Two members of our local bird club, NCIOS, were former Presidents of the American Birding Association
There you have it, 8 random things. We could get a little more personal, but you’ll have to go birding with us for that.