Although the “Birdfreak Year” began December 1st, the following are some of our top goals for 2010 in terms of birding, conservation, and other natural studies. Happy New Year!!
1. Further promote birding to young naturalists
2. Feature more content on gardening, especially native plants and birdscaping
3. Expand beyond birds into other natural studies: trees, wildflowers, and butterflies (and more)
4. Start pushing a change from term “conservation” to a more detailed and hopefully better phrase: “efficient habitat restoration”
5. Finish writing new, majorly updated version of the Guide to Taking Kids Birding
6. Study bird behaviors in greater detail and encourage others to do so
None of these goals are set in stone. One thing we’ve learned from blogging the past three years is that it evolves in interesting ways and it is best to leave a lot of room to change and adapt as circumstances dictate.