One of the coolest ways to watch birds from the indoors is through video. We use The Internet Bird Library and Youtube to search for good bird videos to watch. Today we found something geared just for bird lovers who want to post their videos, Bird Cinema. Bird Cinema is like a YouTube, just for birders. The site just started in May and we hope it grows. If you get footage of a bird, it may not be pro status, but on this site you can share it anyway.
….it is a free place for people to engage in new ways with video by sharing, commenting on, and viewing videos. The video sharing format is also a great way to share your knowledge of birds or to learn more yourself.
This Kirtland’s Warbler was shot by DonD
On Birdcinema.com (which is FREE) people can:
* Upload, tags and share videos worldwide.
* Browse millions of original videos uploaded by a community of members daily growing.
* Find, join and create video groups to connect with people who have similar interests.
* Customize the experience by subscribing to member videos, saving favorites, and creating playlists.
* Integrate videos on websites using video embeds or APIs.
* Make videos public or private so users can elect to broadcast their videos publicly or share them privately with friends and family upon upload.
We are going to use this site and encourage others to check it out.