If you are interested in a new easy way to directly help conservation projects you can now purchase an Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp. The cost is fifteen dollars and fourteen of it is used directly for conservation. Each year there a photo contest will determine the image featured.
The main reasons to buy the Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp
(from Ohio’s DNR site)
- habitat restoration, land purchases and conservation easements
- keeping common species common
- endangered & threatened native species
- educational products for students and wildlife enthusiasts
- wildlife and habitat research projects
So much of the conservation dollars come from hunters and anglers and we appreciate that. But why not birders too? We can absolutely be a another strong voice in conservation.
You can visit the wonderful Kim Kaufman at the Black Swamp Bird Observatory to purchase your stamp(s) or go online and have it shipped right to you. Could it get any easier to be a conservationist?
Put your “stamp” on wildlife conservation
Have you bought a Duck Stamp this year? 99 cents of every dollar goes directly to bird conservation!